I-94 ACCIDENT LAWYER IN CHICAGO
I-94 Accident Lawyer in Chicago, IL
Do Most Car Accidents Happen on the Interstate?
What Are the Most Dangerous Types of Interstate Accidents?
Multi Vehicle Pile-Ups
Common Causes of Car Accidents
- Reaching for various objects inside a car
- Looking at something on the road while driving
- Eating while driving
- Putting on makeup while driving
Driving in Poor Weather
Running Red Lights and Stop Signs
Malfunctioning Cars or Tire Blowouts
Common Injuries From Car Accidents
Soft Tissue Injuries
- Bruising is common even in minor accidents, often caused by a seat belt doing its job by keeping you in your seat.
- Whiplash is basically muscle and ligament strain as a result of your body being forcefully moved at speeds it’s not used to. The effects of whiplash are generally felt in the neck and back after a car crash.
- Neck and back injuries are other common soft tissue injuries from car crashes. The rapid forceful movement from a car crash can cause herniated discs, pinched nerves, paralysis, and more.
- Concussions are very common injuries caused by car accidents. The impact can cause a driver to hit their head extremely hard on various car parts.
- Traumatic brain injuries from car accidents can cause long-term physical, functional, and mental impairments to a driver. Recovery is generally a lifelong process.
- Broken bones are also common injuries caused by car accidents. The impact can cause your limbs to get hit forcefully by car parts. Sometimes seat belts can even cause broken ribs and collar bones by holding you in your seat.
- Internal bleeding is a common car accident injury due to the delicacy of internal organs. The extreme force of a car accident can easily cause your organs to bleed or become damaged.
Mental and Emotional Injuries
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) can be a life-long battle for a survivor of a severe car crash. Survivors can suffer extreme anxiety and flashbacks when driving or riding in a car. Additionally, sufferers can experience nightmares and avoidance behaviors.
How Can an I-94 Accident Lawyer Help Me?
- Drunk driving accidents
- Head-on crashes
- Crashes caused by auto defects and malfunctions (such as the Ford Death Wobble)
- Crashes caused by road damage
Compensation for Car Crashes
- All medical bills
- Rehabilitation and physical therapy
- Property damage
- Loss of earning potential
- Physical pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment in daily life
- Loss of consortium
How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement From an I-94 Accident in Chicago?
- The type of injuries that a car crash victim sustains
- Whether or not the at-fault driver takes responsibility of the accident
- The extent of a victim’s injuries
- Insurance company compliance